Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Gratings

In case some of you missed it, yesterday was Easter. For some reason, I woke up in a lousy mood, and I've stayed in that lousy mood till now. And even till now. That's right. I'm still in a lousy mood, despite this most recent outpouring of sentences. For one thing, I don't think Christ is risen. I think He stayed in His tomb. And that means I can't arise from the dead, either, despite certain promises I was given as a child. I want to live forever, but solid scientific evidence suggests that Someone couldn't pull off a Miracle, and I'm pissed.

For another thing, there was an Easter brunch at Minette and Andy's house that was -- what? -- unsettling. Eight adults and two kids. Our kids. Having kids creates a huge gap between you and people who decide not to have kids. It's depressing. I'm too depressed to even provide a picture. Just imagine a picture of me in the upper right corner looking sad.